If you have a loved one who has died, you may want to consider having this individual cremated and forego the traditional funeral. This is becoming an increasingly popular choice due to the ease and lower cost that is associated with cremation. However, there are certain things you may want to know before finally choosing this method for the deceased individual in your life.
Many people select a direct cremation service because of the numerous advantages of doing so. One of these includes the fact that the body is cremated quickly. A direct cremation will avoid some common processes that typically must be achieved otherwise.
Listed below are ways this cremation type can save you money:
1. The crematory you choose will have a container that is used for the body, and this will avoid the expensive cost of getting a casket.
2. There is no need to embalm the body when it's cremated, and this can save an additional $200-$700.
3. No viewing of the body which frequently eliminates many expenses that may including putting an obituary in the paper about funeral times.
If you're considering a direct cremation, you may be interested in the total cost of this. The average cost of this type of cremation is $1,000-$2,500, and this may depend on your location.
On the other hand, if you decide to have a traditional funeral, this could cost $6,000-$9,000.
Even though you may decide on a cremation for your loved one, you can still have a memorial service for this person.
Listed below are some ways to show your respect after the body is cremated:
1. Set a date for friends and family to get together and notify the individuals of this time.
2. Arrange for a speaker to start the memorial and ask if others would like to participate.
3. Consider having some type of music and a floral arrangement to provide the right atmosphere for the memorial.
4. Have pictures of the deceased for the attendees to view during the memorial service.
5. Have an urn with the person's cremated remains at the service when paying respects and acknowledge this as well.
The benefits of being cremated are numerous, and this is why this option is commonly selected. Be sure to consult with a crematory business in your area to assist you with the details for any cremation.
For more information about cremation services, contact a company such as Morris Nilsen Funeral Chapel.Share